The State Administration

In Denmark, all cases concerning custody, residence and access start in the State Administration.

If your child has been abducted abroad or is being wrongfully retained abroad, you may apply to the State Administration for a temporary termination of the joint custody and be granted sole custody.

You can read more about the State Administration and how to apply for temporary custody here.