In that situation, you should call the police immediately at
The police are able to physically prevent the child from leaving Denmark. If a parent is in the process of taking the child abroad and the police assess that the other parent’s consent is required, the police may immediately prevent the child from leaving Denmark.
The situation is not acute in the following cases:
- Your child has already been abducted abroad
- Your child has not returned from access abroad
- Your child is being retained in Denmark after access, and there is no risk that the child is about to leave Denmark
- There is a legal decision concerning the child’s residence or travelling abroad
- Your child is with you
- You do not have custody, and the parent having custody is about to leave Denmark with the child.